Delve Analytics is available to purchase as an add-on license for Office 365 users or as part of the E5 SKU.
Once you have purchased your licenses and assigned them to your users, there are further steps needed to begin the background data collection.
Follow the steps below to get the process started:
- Go to the NEW preview (Next Gen) Admin Center
a. If you are not in First Release you won’t have a way to go to the New Preview Admin Center so enable First Release and then go to the Preview Admin Center.
2. Click on Settings > Apps
3. Then Click on Delve Analytics
4. Click On Submit to request to enable Delve Analytics.
The data collection process should begin at Microsoft's side and is suggested to take 4-6 weeks.
This does mean that you may well be paying for a service for a month and a half before you get to see the full benefits, but analytics only work if there is data to use.
Although you won't see the analytics tab in Delve, there is a way to get a preview of the Exchange data analytics. You can install the add-in for use in Outlook Online/Desktop.
To deploy the Delve Analytics Add-in at the tenant level, use the following steps:
1. Browse to Office 365 Admin Center and then to the Exchange Online Admin Center.
2. Click Organization > Add-ins.
3. Click Add from URL
4. Add the URL ; “https://weveagavemailapp.azurewebsites.net/manifest/Delve%20Analytics%20Official%20.xml” as the URL for the add-in manifest file
5. Click install
6. This will install the add-in at the tenant level.
The Delve analytics app should appear in Outlook Online and Outlook desktop within the next 24 hours - for us it was almost instant.
The pricing for the E5 license which includes analytics is £25.70 per user/month, or the price for the add-on license is £2.50 per user/month.
To find out more, check out this demo provided by Microsoft.
Have a look at some of our other blogs here;